Convertigo Form Builder Standalone
This a is the dockerized version of Convertigo Form Builder that enables you to run it on premises.
- Convertigo Form Builder Standalone
Linux platform is recommended.
- You need to have access to internet
- You need to install:
First of all, extract tar.gz (This file is given by a download link in a message) :
$ tar -xzvf c8oforms_standalone.tar.gz
Then, start docker as a deamon :
$ systemctl start docker
Then, make sure you have correct permissions on folder c8oforms_standalone (read/write/execute)
$ sudo chmod -R 777 ./c8oforms_standalone
Then, navigate to folder, and start-up docker :
$ cd c8oforms_standalone $ docker-compose up -d
When its done, on first launch you must configure couchdb. You can either use init_couchdb.sh that configure for you automatically couchdb in single-node mode :
You can also configure it by using fauxton.
You have to wait about 5 minutes for the environment to finish setting up to start.
Go to Convertigo administration, into projects to check that all projects has been loaded. After 5 minutes you must see following projects:
Convertigo projects used by Convertigo Form Builder are:
To shutdown docker,and stop Convertigo Form Builder, run:
$ docker-compose down
Convertigo Form Builder
- Connect to url: http://your_server:28080/convertigo/projects/C8Oforms/DisplayObjects/mobile/index.html
- To login into Convertigo Form Builder you can either create a new account or setup authentication with active directory
- Root url: http://your_server:28080/convertigo/
- Administration url: http://your_server:28080/convertigo/admin/main.html
login: admin password: admin
- Connect to url: http://your_server:28081/_utils
login: admin password: fullsyncpassword
- The Couchdb directory which includes databases is in folder c8oforms_standalone/couchdb.
- You can find your workspace into folder c8oforms_standalone/workspace.
- This workspace contains all Convertigo user data: the projects, the configuration files, the logs, etc.
Create a new Convertigo Form Builder account
Go to convertigo administration and login, then navigate to test platform, and click on lib_UserManager, execute sequence AddUser with user email and password.
Be careful to use an email like “firstname.lastname@example.org”. If you don’t, you won’t be able to login.
Authentication Active directory
You have to configure project lib_UserManager . To do so go to convertigo admin console: http://your_server:28080/convertigo/admin/login.html and type login and password. Then, click on project on the left hand side to access to project list view. On the left side of lib_UserManager project, you will se a red warning icon, click on it to create symbols.
Now that its done, click on symbols on the left hand side.
You will have to define 3 symbols:
- This user must be an active directory account, who has at least read only access right, and so can execute research on whole tree (expected synthax is DOMAIN_NAME\USER)
- Password of our active directory user
- Url of LDAP server such as ldap://LDAP_SERVER:389
Directories to save in the event of a machine crash :
- All the workspace directory except logs folder. This contains all the specifics parameters as well as the symbols set.
- All the couchdb directory. This directory contains all the databases used for Convertigo Form Builder. In particular the definitions of forms, users, rights, …
Restoration is easy. It consists of replacing the installed directories with those saved.